Every business has a goal, and that is to be on the 1st rank of Google search results, and deservedly so because along with it comes a lot of traffic and prestige. Still, it is easier than done because SEO can be challenging, expensive, exhaustive with no guarantee of results, and especially for agencies, there is a lot of competition.
But once you get your hands set, it’s an absolute money-making machine.
Keep on reading, and I’ll show you how you can start selling a unique type of SEO that
- Entails less competition,
- Is 10x more enticing to businesses, and
- And the best part doesn’t require you to learn SEO
But at first, some basics – What is SEO?
Search engine optimization or SEO is an umbrella term that includes everything you do for improving your website and its content to maximize its visibility for relevant searches on a search engine. In simpler terms, it is doing certain things to make your content more presentable for search engines when someone comes searching for your product or services.
The SEO Market is enormous, and at your mercy!
According to a report, SEO generates about USD120 billion worth of sales every year, right from your local stores, SMB’s, media publications, online advertising, etc. and that is what you stand to lose if not investing in SEO.
Also, there is the added bonus of prestige and brand value that comes with ranking number one on Google. Google accounts for 96% of mobile traffic and 92% of the overall share, and hence it’s safe to say that should you keep Google happy; it will return you the favor.
What SEO brings to your agency?
According to most experts, SEO is the most reliable digital marketing channel for generating leads, online reputation management, marketing their content, etc. Should your agency not be selling/reselling SEO services, you stand to lose clients looking for the services mentioned above.
Besides, marketing agencies charge anywhere between USD1500-2500 on a minimum of 6-12month’s commitment for a single SEO project which comes out to be USD6000 – 30000 that you stand to lose on a single project per annum.
As someone who has been a digital marketing professional for the last nine years, I can vouch for the fact that the margins you are looking at when selling SEO are unlike any other product or service when you consider the prices you can sell them for, long term partnerships that you can forge, and the amount of work that you have to put in.
What are you doing to edge your competition?
SEO market at the beginning was very non-competitive, where only the big boys with deep pockets would make high profits with businesses looking for SEO done for them. However, with the rise of cheaper, more accessible internet, others have had an opportunity to take a look at this market’s high potential, resulting in the set-up of a marketing agency on every other street.
So the question that begs is, how do you leapfrog the competition that is continuously evolving and increasing.
With traditional SEO tactics?
Well! You can give it a try, but let me save you the trouble because from my experience it won’t be too long before you realize that traditional SEO methods don’t stand a chance in today’s market. Besides the fact the Google makes about 400 changes to its algorithm every year, your agency has to be ready to adapt them in the long haul.
So what can you do?
What if you could confidently say to any business irrespective of the size, scale, and industry type–we’ll Get you on the 1st Page of Google, or you don’t pay a penny. Do you think your prospects will be interested?
No points for guessing. But how will you do that?
The perfect way to do that is pay per result SEO. Yes, it is exactly like it sounds, just like in PPC, where you only pay an amount when someone clicks your ad, in pay per result SEO you only pay when you start seeing results.
This model improves rankings, web traffic, and revenue faster than any traditional SEO plan; and the best part, the payment is made only after you achieve your desired rankings
The pay per result SEO is the best channel to scale up the projects at your agency as the model fits any industry from irrespective of their size.
How is pay per result SEO different from traditional SEO?
- Payment: While traditional SEO functions on a monthly fee payment basis irrespective of results pay per result SEO has a different payment structure. After spending a nominal joining fee, you only pay once you start seeing the results.
- Budget: As I mentioned above, investing in traditional SEO is expensive as a fee has to be paid every month irrespective of results. But when you have clients on a shoestring budget, it is critical to spend each penny wisely, and with discretion, pay per result, SEO makes that happen. It allows your agency can also reel in low budget clients and make margins even of them.
|Month||Traditional SEO Charges||Pay Per Result|
* Ranking for the same number of keywords.
* P.S: These are for wholesale clients.
- Speed: The foundation of Pay per result SEO’s business model lies on getting results and getting them fast. Pay Per Result SEO is aggressive but takes into consideration the due attention that needs to be paid to each keyword on an individual basis to generate results. In contrast, traditional SEO works to improve your website’s overall SEO score for a broad set of keywords.
Misconceptions about Pay Per Result SEO
- The most common misconception about pay per result SEO is that it employs shady tactics to manipulate rankings, to charge their clients. Sadly, some companies use black hats/unethical tactics to control rankings but trust me, it is the case of a few fishes ruining the pond and not the pond being entirely dirty.
- I often see folks on forums who say that rankings achieved by pay per result SEO are far fetched and do not last long. Well, this couldn’t be farther from the truth. In a pricing model where the agency’s fee is paid on whether they can achieve relevant rankings for you, do you really think they will not provide long term and sustainable ranking?
How do you start with pay per result SEO?
While there are plenty pay per result SEO programs in the market, In my experience the uSEO program from Umbrella is the best for your agency because I used it for mine.
uSEO, right from the start, addressed my misconceptions regarding the pay per result SEO model like slow speed of results, the extra expenditure of capital and effort right from the off, and provided me with a top-notch SEO program, aggressive conversion rates, and certifications as an added incentive.
From my experience, I feel it is perfect for agencies that are still wary about the prospects of selling SEO services as the program is cost-effective (60%+ margins to the agency), non-labor inclusive (they do all the work for you), and most importantly, result-driven (easy to sell, easy to entice clients).